2022 Poster Compliance Updates: A Challenge for Employers
Date: Apr 7, 2022, ThuStart Time: 10:00 AM PDT
Duration: 1.5 HrsBook Mark:
Topic ID: WEB01465
Employers need to take poster compliance seriously. Posters are usually one of the last compliance priorities on the list of priorities. Many Employers do not realize that poster compliance is more than having the minimum wage posters. It includes Posters for candidates/applicants, the most missed poster for Employers, federal poster, state and local posters and updated posters for specific situations like sexual harassment, pregnancy, paid leave and remote posters for employees.
Due to Covid-19 changes in federal, state and local requirements and recent federal vaccine mandates and changes in the workplace, Employers are more confused than ever about poster compliance.
Labor laws give structure to the workplace and defines the responsibility of the employer and employee. They are designed to protect the safety and health of workers in America. These postings are mandated notices that employers with at least one employee or more are required to conspicuously post in an area frequented by all employees.
Some notices provide information for employees on who to contact for questions concerning discrimination, harassment, or workplace safety complaints. Not all employers are covered by each of the federal or state statutes and thus may not be required to post a specific notice. Every posting varies according to the statute and may not be required to be posted by every business.
Why Should You Attend?
Poster violations can impact Employers in the form huge fines, penalties and even increased fines for willful violations. For example, the Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) poster violation the fine can be as much as $13,653 for each violation. There are also many state poster requirements that impact Employers in multi-state and remote employees. Learn how electronic posters may be a challenge for remote workers in the time of COVID-19. Poster violation penalties have increased, and Employers need to stay compliant to avoid fines and penalties.
The fact that federal vaccine mandates have been put in place and some federal courts have halted the implementation, Employers are confused on where these mandates stand for 2022.
Area Covered In The Webinar:
- What are all the new poster requirements for 2022
- What about COVID-19 posters?
- Possible Federal changes: 2022
- Learn which 3 Federal Posters are must haves for most Employers in most companies for candidate/applicants.
- Federal or State Labor Law Posters. Am I Required to Post Both?
- Learn how to use resources to stay compliant with changes in regulations and posters
- What are wage orders?
- What supersedes when it comes to federal, state and local posters?
- When is a new poster needed?
- Learn how to manage poster compliance for multi-state locations.
- How do Executive Orders impact posters in the workplace?
- What posters are a must for federal contractors?
- Learn how inflation determines the poster compliance for minimum wages.
- Predictable and unpredictable changes.
- Learn how Employers should mitigate the workplace Federal vaccine mandates.
- Learn how you can determine changes in regulations before they happen.
- How can you be compliant with poster regulations for remote employees?
- Should you purchase posters separately or via subscription service?
- What is the criteria for electronic postings?
- What are the penalties for not having certain posters in the right places?
- How can you be a step ahead of compliance regulations?
- What posters are required for state specific and multi-state companies?
- Learn what regulatory agencies have increased fines and penalties?
- Learn how has the increase in penalties across all regulatory agencies impacted Poster Compliance?
Who Will Benefit:
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- HR Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
- Employers in all industries
- Small Business Owners
- Office Managers
- Facilities Managers
Margie Faulk is a senior level human resources professional with over 15 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties from violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s area of expertise includes Criminal Background Screening Policies and auditing, I-9 document correction and storage compliance, Immigration compliance, employee handbook development, policy development, sexual harassment investigations/certified training, SOX regulations, payroll compliance, compliance consulting, monitoring US-based federal, state and local regulations, employee relations issues, internal investigations, HR management, compliance consulting, internal/external audits, and performance management.
Margie is a speaker and accomplished trainer and has created and presented compliance seminars/webinars for over 16 US and International compliance institutes. Margie has testified as a compliance subject matter expert (SME) for several regulatory agencies and against regulatory agencies, thank goodness not on the same day. Margie offers compliance training to HR professionals, business owners, and leadership to ensure compliance with workplace and regulations.
Margie’s unique training philosophy includes providing free customized tools for all attendees. These tools are customized and have been proven to be part an effective risk management strategy. Some of the customized tools include the I-9 Self Audit. Correction and Storage program, Ban the Box Decision Matrix Policy that Employers can provide in a dispute for allegations, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Compliance Guide, Drug-Free Workplace Volatile Termination E-Book and other compliance program tools when attendees register and attend Margie’s trainings.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
More Trainings by this Speaker
Frequently Asked Questions