COVID-19: Human Resources Risk Management in a Pandemic
Date: Jan 18, 2022, TueStart Time: 10:00 AM PDT
Duration: 1.5 HrsBook Mark:
Topic ID: WEB01446
COVID-19 is not your typical Human Resources Force Majeure! Human Resources Managers are faced with unique risks related to local, State, and Federal, and international regulations and requirements. As the pandemic continues, HR cannot afford to fail to analyze and plan to mitigate COVID risks systematically. Learn to create mitigation plans for anticipated risks as well as the unexpected. Use some simple tools to analyze any risks and prioritize the need for planning. Be confident as you avoid unnecessary "firefighting" and manage risk strategically.
Whether you had a pandemic preparedness plan, now that we are into the pandemic, we have new information available to us of better strategies and approaches to slow the spread of the virus among employees and put systems and policies in place, which allow remote work and protection when people are in the office. Every organization is in a different situation and HR professionals are grappling with establishing approaches which work in your specific environment. As employees return to the workplace, some are unscathed while others may suffer from PTSD. Learn how to execute plan that will work for your organization to keep workers safe.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the risks you face
- Create mission-driven, results oriented plans
- Focus on what's important now
- Prepare for a return to the new normal.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Understand your specific strengths and challenges
- Issues you must deal with
- Analyzing risks and prioritizing your responses
- Executing your plans and focusing on results not activity
- Managing your staff remotely; best practices for staying connected
- Striking the balance between the "rules" and flexibility
- What happens to other HR risks?
- Maintaining strong relationships and engagement while physically distancing
- Staying up-to-date and tuning out the noise
- Supporting at-risk employees
- Focusing on the "human" part of human resources; caring, compassion, communication
- Planning for reintegration; applying lessons learned
Who Will Benefit:
- Chief people officers
- Human resources executives and managers
- Human resource generalists and specialists
- Human resource team members
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc., knows the pain of making a poor hiring choice. After she learned about Behavioral Interviewing, she never made a mistake. She has helped many teams apply these principles and improve their selection process. Rebecca works with managers and executives in the public, private, and non-profit sectors to improve business results through strategic planning, engaged employees, strong teams, and delighted customers. She has published several books on strategic planning and leadership and is a legacy professional member of the National Speakers Association. Rebecca has been an executive and manager and received praise and recognition on four continents.
More Trainings by this Speaker
Frequently Asked Questions