Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving for Better Decision Making
Date: Feb 15, 2023, WedStart Time: 10:00 AM PDT
Duration: 1.5 HrsBook Mark:
Topic ID: WEB00137
You make decisions and solve problems all day, every day. Every organization must be nimble when solving new and recurring challenges; and everyone within the organization must be able to use critical thinking and creative problem solving to act on these challenges. We can think critically but we may not use this on a consistent basis. Learn to hone your critical thinking skills consciously. Automatically look at what you have learned from deciding or solving a problem and formally integrate it into your standard operation procedure. Learn to avoid firefighting mode and discover opportunities for better outcomes. In this program you will learn how to make effective decisions and solve problems successfully using critical thinking and simple, practical tools. Apply critical thinking techniques to everything you do. Avoid the tendency to start solving a problem before it is clearly defined. Admit to poor decisions and take corrective action. Get the results you need as you become more efficient, confident, and proficient.
Use Code - "GET15" and get a 15% discount!
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Solve problems and make effective decisions using critical thinking and simple, practical tools
- Increase decision accuracy even when information is limited
- Minimize poor decisions; neutralize the effects of stress, emotions, and distractions on decisions
- Make great decisions using conflict creatively
- Use critical thinking to challenge all assumptions and seek alternative information
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
What are Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving?
- Define Critical Thinking
- Strengths and Challenges when analyzing and solving problems
- Current problem-solving approaches
- Relationships among planning, critical thinking, and creative problem solving
- Role of critical thinking in meeting challenges
- Prioritize issues for greatest decision-making effectiveness and efficiency
Understanding your thinking and decision-making preferences
- Neuroscience of your thinking and decision making
- Build on the contributions of different thinking preferences for good decisions
- Flex your thinking to solve critical problems
Integrate art and science of critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Role of values and facts in decision making
- Challenge knowledge, beliefs, facts, assumptions, and conventional wisdom
- Methods to explore alternatives, ask probing questions, and stimulate thinking
- Convert negativity into curiosity
Continuously improving your problem-solving skills
- Develop an action plan to improve critical thinking and creative problem solving.
Who Will Benefit:
- Departmental Managers
- Project managers
- Team Leaders
- Leaders in any capacity
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D. and president of Advantage Leadership, Inc., knows the pain of making a poor hiring choice. After she learned about Behavioral Interviewing, she never made a mistake. She has helped many teams apply these principles and improve their selection process. Rebecca works with managers and executives in the public, private, and non-profit sectors to improve business results through strategic planning, engaged employees, strong teams, and delighted customers. She has published several books on strategic planning and leadership and is a legacy professional member of the National Speakers Association. Rebecca has been an executive and manager and received praise and recognition on four continents.
More Trainings by this Speaker
Frequently Asked Questions