Leave Abuse under FMLA, ADA and Workers’ Comp: How Employers Can Deal with the Most Outrageous Excuses
Date: Jan 25, 2023, WedStart Time: 10:00 AM PDT
Duration: 1.5 HrsBook Mark:
Topic ID: WEB00008
This training program will focus on employee leave abuse under FMLA, ADA, and Workers’ Comp. It will help participants get a working knowledge of how an employer can minimize a company’s exposure to employee abuse of family and medical leave.
Why Should You Attend?
If you attended our webinar on Employee Leave under FMLA, ADA and Workers Compensation, then you now have a good understanding of how one or even all of these laws may apply to your employee’s request for a leave of absence. You are now ready to move on to an issue of great concern to many employers: employee leave abuse.
Suppose one or more of your employees has taken a leave of absence, and your company or department is buckling under the added stress—and you suspect that one or more of those employees may be taking advantage, and may not really be in need of family or medical leave – or may even not be entitled to it – what can you do? You can curb employee leave abuse. But how do you do it?
This webinar is the second in our series on employee leave, and it will help you get a working knowledge of how you can minimize your company’s exposure to employee abuse of family and medical leave – be it under the FMLA, ADA, or workers’ comp or other applicable family and medical leave laws.
Use Code - "GET15" and get a 15% discount.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- The difference between someone with a “serious health condition” under the FMLA and a “qualified individual with a disability” under the ADA/ADAAA
- Use of medical inquiries to determine coverage under the FMLA and the ADA/ADAAA
- Notification requirements under FMLA and ADA/ADAAA
- Reinstatement requirements under FMLA and ADA/ADAAA
- Situations where the FMLA and ADA/ADAAA may overlap
- Intermittent leave requests under FMLA and the ADA/ADAAA
- Terminating an employee who has exhausted FMLA leave time without running afoul of the ADA/ADAAA
- Documentation and meeting guidelines
- Case laws and/or emerging issues
- Best practices
- Issues of particular concern to health care/pharma/life sciences professionals and businesses
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all companies, not-for-profits, school districts, governmental agencies and pseudo governmental agencies. Those that would benefit most would be:
- Managers and Supervisors
- Risk Managers
- Benefit Specialists
- Business Owners
- General Managers
- Controllers/ CFOs / Financial Managers
- Human Resource Managers / Administration
- HIPAA Officers
- Privacy Officers
- Health Information Managers
- Healthcare Counsel/Lawyers
- Office Managers
Janette Levey Frisch
Janette Levey Frisch is an attorney with more than 20 years’ legal experience. She works with employers on most employment law issues to ensure that employers are in the best position possible to avoid litigation, audits, employee relations problems, and the attendant, often exorbitant costs. She authors the firm’s weekly blog, where she discusses issues impacting employers today. She has written articles on many different employment law issues for many publications, including EEO Insight, Staffing Industry Review, @Law, and Chief Legal Officer. Ms. Frisch has also spoken and trained on topics, such as criminal background checks in the hiring process, joint employment, severance arrangements, pre-employment screening among many others. She is licensed in New Jersey and New York. In addition, she serves as a Legal Wellness Professional to employers outside New Jersey and New York on almost all federal employment law issues, to enable employees to address workplace challenges before they escalate to litigation or costly audits. Ms. Frisch is also a contributor to the recently released book, “Hiring Greatness: How to Recruit Your Dream Team and Crush the Competition,” published by John Wiley and Sons, and authored by David E. Perry and Mark J. Haluska.
More Trainings by this Speaker
Frequently Asked Questions