Making Sense of COVID-19 and Its Impact on Employee Leave Under FMLA, FFCRA
Date: Aug 20, 2020, ThuStart Time: 10:00 AM PDT
Duration: 1.5 HrsBook Mark:
Topic ID: WEB01487
Even the more simple leave requests can be complex and nuanced, posing challenges to even the most seasoned Leave Administrators. The possibility of costly, drawn-out litigation, only adds to the stress and pressure.. Add to that: most employees making leave requests will be eligible for protection under the FMLA, ADA and, now, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) among other laws. In this webinar we will discuss key, hot-button compliance issues and share some Best Practices for managing a workforce while staying in compliance.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- FMLA, ADA, FFCRA and Workers’ Comp Basics;
- Where FMLA, ADA, FFCRA and Workers’ Comp overlap, and where/how they differ;
- Calculation of pay during paid time off under the FFCRA
- How to request and document leave under the FFCRA;
- Understanding some of the key provisions in the DOL’s 5 rounds of guidance in the wake of the FFCRA;
- What it means to be “unable” to work or telework;
- Whether or not intermittent leave under the FFCRA’s Emergency Paid
- Sick Leave and Emergency FMLA provisions is allowed; and
- Whether or not health coverage continues during leave.
Why should you attend?
- To describe onboarding tactics for virtual new hires.
- To identify HR, the supervisor, and the Buddy’s roles in welcoming and training the new employee
- To discuss the new employee’s role in her or his orientation
- To differentiate between the orientation to the organization and the orientation to the department
- To assess, develop, implement and evaluate your Onboarding strategy
- To examine Onboarding best practices
- To explain gap analysis, force field analysis, and SWOT analysis in assessing your organization’s onboarding requirements
Who Will Benefit:
- HR Directors
- All HR Practitioners
- Business Owners
- Senior Managers
- Leave Administrators
- Benefits Administrators
- Payroll/Compensation Officers
- In-House Counsel
Janette Levey Frisch
Janette Levey Frisch is an attorney with more than 20 years’ legal experience. She works with employers on most employment law issues to ensure that employers are in the best position possible to avoid litigation, audits, employee relations problems, and the attendant, often exorbitant costs. She authors the firm’s weekly blog, where she discusses issues impacting employers today. She has written articles on many different employment law issues for many publications, including EEO Insight, Staffing Industry Review, @Law, and Chief Legal Officer. Ms. Frisch has also spoken and trained on topics, such as criminal background checks in the hiring process, joint employment, severance arrangements, pre-employment screening among many others. She is licensed in New Jersey and New York. In addition, she serves as a Legal Wellness Professional to employers outside New Jersey and New York on almost all federal employment law issues, to enable employees to address workplace challenges before they escalate to litigation or costly audits. Ms. Frisch is also a contributor to the recently released book, “Hiring Greatness: How to Recruit Your Dream Team and Crush the Competition,” published by John Wiley and Sons, and authored by David E. Perry and Mark J. Haluska.
More Trainings by this Speaker
Frequently Asked Questions