Purchasing Cards: Overcoming Risks and Creating an Effective Program
Date: Jul 11, 2022, MonStart Time: 10:00 AM PDT
Duration: 1 HrsBook Mark:
Topic ID: WEB01445
If your organization is reluctant to implement or expand a purchasing card program, this webinar will recommend simple yet effective controls that can overcome these concerns. The course will help attendees determine how purchasing cards fit within the overall organization strategy and discuss components of a successful purchasing card program.
Further, the webinar will also discuss implementing proper purchasing card controls and highlight pointers that can help you identify high risk transactions (including cybercrime). The course instructor will highlight the types of purchasing cards available and best practices to avoid common purchasing card fraud.
Why Should You Attend?
This training program will detail the components of a successful purchasing card program. It will also discuss implementing proper purchasing card controls, types of risk including fraud and misuse, auditing techniques, and more.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Why use purchasing cards
- Roles and responsibilities in purchasing card programs
- Commonly identified risks
- Components of a successful program
- How to audit your p-card program
- How to develop an effective purchase card policy
- Assessing risk
- Building preventive controls
- Determining how purchasing cards fit within the overall organization strategy
- Components of a successful purchasing card program
- Implementing proper purchasing card controls
- How to identify highest risk transactions including cybercrime
- Types of risk including fraud and misuse
- Auditing techniques
- Internal controls and governance
- Discussion of types of purchasing cards available
- How to avoid common purchasing card fraud
- Develop effective purchasing card policies
Who Will Benefit:
- Procurement Professionals
- Accounts Payable Managers and Directors
- P-Card Administrators
- Internal Auditors
- Treasury Leadership
Brian G. Rosenberg
Brian G. Rosenberg, CEO of TRG Consulting, is a leading expert in AP automation and process improvement. He has over 15 years in the design of accounts payable shared service centers, and nearly 20 years of experience with implementation of accounts payable solutions. Mr. Rosenberg is also the chairman of the editorial board for Financial Operations Matters magazine, and is a published author, and speaker, on procure-to-pay best practices.
More Trainings by this Speaker
Frequently Asked Questions