Conducting Effective, Legally-Compliant Investigations of Harassment & Bullying Allegations
Date: Jan 31, 2023, TueStart Time: 10:00 AM PDT
Duration: 1.5 HrsBook Mark:
Topic ID: WEB14533
Your employees have the right to a safe, non-threatening work environment. Their productivity and morale can be seriously affected not only by instances of workplace bullying and harassment, but also by their leaders’ response to these problems. Therefore, it is imperative that organizations have strategies in place in order for managers and supervisors to recognize the signs of toxic and/or illegal behavior among employees, and take action to restore a healthy work culture.
Why Should You Attend?
This webinar will lay the groundwork for conducting effective and legally-compliant investigations of harassment and bullying investigations. Participants will gain insight into rules to follow when conducting investigations, preventive strategies employers can put into place to avoid allegations in the future, and much more!Areas Covered during Session:
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- What constitutes harassment & bullying in the workplace?
- Which laws are violated by harassing and bullying behavior?
- Two basic types of harassment: Quid Pro Quo & Hostile Work Environment
- Employer/Employee responsibilities in preventing harassment & bullying
- When does bullying cross the threshold into a Hostile Work Environment?
- Employers’ obligations in creating a bully-free workplace
- Preventive strategies to stopping harassment & bullying via training & policy-making
- Rules to follow when conducting an investigation
- Importance of solid documentation in harassment & bullying situations
- Complaint determinations: Inconclusive Investigation, Harassment/Bullying has
- Occurred, False Accusations were made
- Imposing disciplinary action
- Steps to avoid retaliation
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Managers & Supervisors
Diane L Dee
Diane L. Dee, President of Advantage HR Consulting, has over 25 years of experience in the Human Resources arena. Diane’s background includes experience in HR consulting and administration in corporate, government, consulting and pro bono environments. Diane founded Advantage HR Consulting in early 2016. Under Diane’s leadership, Advantage HR provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized firms in the greater Chicagoland area. Additionally, Diane conducts webinars on a wide-variety of HR topics for various training firms across the country. Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR, SHRM-SCP, sHRBP and HRPM® certification. Diane is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the Society for Human Resource Management. Additionally, Diane performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.
More Trainings by this Speaker
Frequently Asked Questions